These books are available to order in collections from Footstool Publications. There is a single sample book here, The Case for Incense, that may be downloaded from the section on Ritual. Many other Anglican books and documents are available for downloading through sites listed on the Southern Ohio AAC site’s links page—most notably Project Canterbury, The Prayerbook Society, Footstool Publications, and more.
Articles of Religion
- AN EXPOSITION OF THE THIRTY-NINE ARTICLES: HISTORICAL AND DOCTRINAL, by E. HAROLD BROWNE B.D., LORD BISHOP OF ELY. First American, from the Fifth English Edition, EDITED, WITH NOTES, BY J. WILLIAMS, D.D. BISHOP OF CONNECTICUT. NEW YORK: H. B. DURAND, 49 WHITE STREET. 1865
- THE CATHOLIC DOCTRINE OF THE CHURCH OF ENGLAND, AN EXPOSITION OF THE THIRTY-NINE ARTICLES, by THOMAS ROGERS, A. M., CHAPLAIN TO ARCHBISHOP BANCROFT. Edited for the Parker Society, by THE REV. J. J. S. PEROWNE, M.A., FELLOW OF CORPUS CHRISTI COLLEGE, CAMBRIDGE. PRINTED AT THE UNIVERSITY PRESS. M.DCCC.LIV.
- A HISTORY OF THE ARTICLES OF RELIGION: TO WHICH IS ADDED A SERIES OF DOCUMENTS, FROM A.D. 1536 TO A.D. 1615; TOGETHER WITH ILLUSTRATIONS FROM CONTEMPORARY SOURCES. BY CHARLES HARDWICK, M. A. FELLOW OF ST. CATHARINE’S HALL, CAMBRIDGE, AND WHITEHALL PREACHER. PHILADELPHIA: HERMAN HOOKER, S. W. CORNER CHESNUT AND EIGHTH STREETS. 1852.
- ANGLICAN TEACHING: An Exposition of THE THIRTY-NINE ARTICLES, by W. G. WILSON, M.A., B.D., Ph.D. and J. H. TEMPLETON. M.A., B.D., M.LITT., Ph.D. With a Foreword by THE ARCHBISHOP OF ARMAGH, DUBLIN. ASSOCIATION FOR PROMOTING CHRISTIAN KNOWLEDGE First published 1962, Wilson & Templeton, Dublin 1962.
Book of Common Prayer
- EXHAUSTIVE CONCORDANCE of the 1928 Book of Common Prayer
- THE COLLECTS OF THE DAY: AN EXPOSITION CRITICAL AND DEVOTIONAL OF THE COLLECTS APPOINTED AT THE COMMUNION, BY EDWARD MEYRICK GOULBURN, D.D., D.C.L. IN TWO VOLS.
- EVERYMAN’S HISTORY OF THE PRAYER BOOK By the Reverend Percy Dearmer, D. D.
- THE HOLY SPIRIT IN THE NEW TESTAMENT: A STUDY OF PRIMITIVE CHRISTIAN TEACHING, BY HENRY BARCLAY SWETE, D.D., D.LITT., F.B.A. EMERITUS PROFESSOR OF DIVINITY IN THE UNIVERSITY OF CAMBRIDGE, HON. CANON OF ELY, HON. CHAPLAIN TO THE KING
- THE HOLY SPIRIT AND THE PRAYER BOOK: THE TRINITY SEASON BEING VIEWED AS A LONG WHITSUNTIDE, BY THE REV. JAMES HAUGHTON, A. M.
- THE OXFORD AMERICAN PRAYER BOOK COMMENTARY BY MASSEY HAMILTON SHEPHERD, JR.
- THE PARSON’S HANDBOOK: CONTAINING PRACTICAL DIRECTIONS BOTH FOR PARSONS AND OTHERS AS TO THE MANAGEMENT OF THE PARISH CHURCH AND ITS SERVICES ACCORDING TO THE ANGLICAN USE, AS SET FORTH IN THE BOOK OF COMMON PRAYER, BY PERCY DEARMER
- THE PASTORAL USE OF THE PRAYER BOOK: THE SUBSTANCE OF PLAIN TALKS GIVEN TO HIS STUDENTS AND YOUNGER CLERGY, BY WILLIAM PARET, Bishop of Maryland
- THE TEACHER’S PRAYER BOOK: being the Book of Common Prayer, with Introductions, Analyses, Notes, and a Commentary upon the Psalter, by The Right Rev. ALFRED BARRY, D.D., D.C.L., Late Canon of Windsor and Assistant Bishop of London, formerly Bishop of Sydney, and Primate of Australia and Tasmania; and A Glossary, By the Rev. A. L. MAYHEW, MA. London: Eyre & Spottiswoode (Bible Warehouse), Ltd., 33, Paternoster Row, E.C. Edinburgh and New York. 1813.
- AN EXPOSITION OF THE CREED, BY JOHN PEARSON, D.D. LATE LORD BISHOP OF CHESTER.
- THE HOLY CATHOLIC CHURCH: THE COMMUNION OF SAINTS, A STUDY IN THE APOSTLES’ CREED BY THE LATE HENRY BARCLAY SWETE D.D., D.LITT., F.B.A. SOMETIME PROFESSOR OF DIVINITY IN THE UNIVERSITY OF CAMBRIDGE HON. CANON OF ELY; HON. CHAPLAIN TO THE KING
- ANGLICAN EVANGELICALISM, Edited by ALEXANDER C. ZABRISKIE, Dean of the Virginia Theological Seminary
- THE APPEARANCES OF OUR LORD AFTER THE PASSION: A STUDY IN THE EARLIEST CHRISTIAN TRADITION, BY HENRY BARCLAY SWETE, D.D., REGIUS PROFESSOR OF DIVINITY IN THE UNIVERSITY OF CAMBRIDGE
- THE ASCENDED CHRIST: A STUDY IN THE EARLIEST CHRISTIAN TEACHING, BY HENRY BARCLAY SWETE, D.D., REGIUS PROFESSOR OF DIVINITY IN THE UNIVERSITY OF CAMBRIDGE HON. CANON OF ELY
- LITURGY AND SOCIETY: THE FUNCTION OF THE CHURCH IN THE MODERN WORLD, by A. G. HEBERT
- THE ABRAHAMIC COVENANT IN THE GOSPEL, by Theophilus Herter
- THE STATE OF THE DEPARTED. By JOHN HENRY HOBART, D. D., BISHOP OF THE PROT. EPIS. CHURCH IN THE STATE OF NEW YORK.
- ANSWER ME THIS, by The Rev. Claude Beaufort Moss, D.D.
- OF THE CHURCH: FIVE BOOKS. by Richard Field, D. D., Dean Of Gloucester.
- EPISCOPACY, ORDINATION, LAY-ELDERSHIP, AND LITURGIES; CONSIDERED IN FIVE LETTERS. by The Rev. Archibald Boyd, A. M. Curate Of The Cathedral, Derry. Published By R. B. Seeley, And W. Burnside; MDCCCXXXIX.
- THE HOMILIES
- THE SERMON AND THE PROPERS, 4 Volumes by FRED H. LINDEMANN
- THE PRINCIPLES OF RELIGIOUS CEREMONIAL, BY THE REV. WALTER HOWARD FRERE, M.A.
- A HISTORY OF THE USE OF INCENSE in Divine Worship, BY E. G. CUTHBERT F. ATCHLEY
- READINESS AND DECENCY: A SIMPLE METHOD OF CELEBRATING THE HOLY COMMUNION, by ROLAND F. PALMER, S.S.J.E., JOHN W. HAWKES, S.S.J.E.
- THE CASE FOR INCENSE, SUBMITTED TO HIS GRACE THE ARCHBISHOP OF CANTERBURY ON BEHALF OF THE REV. H. WESTALL ON MONDAY, MAY 8, 1899
- THE ARCHITECTURAL SETTING OF ANGLICAN WORSHIP: An Inquiry into the arrangements for Public Worship in the Church of England from the Reformation to the present day, by G. W. O. ADDLESHAW, M.A., B.D., F.S.A., Canon Residentiary of York and FREDERICK ETCHELLS Fellow of the Royal Institute of British Architects, FABER AND FABER LIMITED 24 Russell Square London, First published in mcmxlviii by Faber and Faber Limited, 24 Russell Square, London, W.C. 1, Second impression mcml, Printed in Great Britain by Mardon, Son and Hall Limited, Bristol.
- READINGS AND PRAYERS FOR A COMMUNICANTS’ CLASS. WITH HELPFUL DIRECTIONS. BY THE REV. C. ERNEST SMITH, D.D., RECTOR OF THE CHURCH OF ST. MICHAEL AND ALL ANGELS, BALTIMORE, AND EXAMINING CHAPLAIN TO THE BISHOP OF MARYLAND.
- PRACTICAL RELIGION BEING PLAIN PAPERS ON THE DAILY DUTIES, EXPERIENCE, DANGERS, AND PRIVILEGES OF PROFESSING CHRISTIANS, BY JOHN CHARLES RYLE, D.D., Edited and with a Foreword by J.I. Packer, D.Phil.
- THE MINISTRY OF THE WORD, by THE REV, W. C. E. NEWBOLT, M.A. CANON AND CHANCELLOR OF ST. PAUL’S CATHEDRAL. 1913
- Richard Hooker’s POLITY IN MODERN ENGLISH: THE ECCLESIASTICAL POLITY ABRIDGED AND PARAPHRASED, by John S. Marshall, Professor Of Philosophy The University Of The South, Albin Clifford Thompson, The University Press At The University Of The South, Sewanee, Tennessee, 1948
- LAWS OF ECCLESIASTICAL POLITY, by Richard Hooker, 8 vols. (scanned pictures of the actual pages, but not converted into editable text.)
- LAWS OF ECCLESIASTICAL POLITY, by Richard Hooker, 8 vols. This version has been converted to editable text.
- THE CHURCH AND ITS APOSTOLIC MINISTRY: A Course of Lectures DELIVERED IN ST. MARKS CHURCH, DENVER, IN JANUARY, 1887, by the Rt. Rev. JOHN FRANKLIN SPALDING, D. D., Missionary Bishop of Colorado. MILWAUKEE, WIS.: THE YOUNG CHURCHMAN CO. 1887.
- A Survey of Hebrew Syntax, by J. Wash Watts
- The Appearances Of Our Lord After The Passion: A Study In The Earliest Christian Tradition, by Henry Barclay Swete, D.D.
- The Ascended Christ: A Study In The Earliest Christian Teaching, by Henry Barclay Swete, D.D.
- The Holy Catholic Church: The Communion Of Saints: A Study In The Apostles’s Creed, by The Late Henry Barclay Swete D.D., D.Litt., F.B.A.
- Commentary on Revelation, by Henry Barclay Swete
- The Holy Spirit In The New Testament: A Study Of Primitive Christian Teaching, by Henry Barclay Swete, D.D., D.Litt., F.B.A.
(pictures of the actual pages—not editable)
- John Bale Works
- Prayers and Pieces, Becon
- John Bradford Writings, vol. 1 & 2
- Bullinger, Decades, vol. 1-5
- Calfhill, Answer to John Martial
- Cooper, Answer
- Coverdale, Remains, Writings
- Cranmer, Works, vol. 1 & 2
- Grindal, Remains
- Hooper, Early Writings
- Hutchinson, Works
- Latimer, Works, vol. 1 & 2
- Liturgies and Occasional Prayers
- Two Liturgies
- Norden, Progress of Piety
- Nowell, Catechism
- Pilkington, Works
- Private Prayers
- Ridley, Works
- Tyndale, Doctrinal Treatises
- Whitgift, Works, 3 vols.
- Zurich, Letters, vol. 1
Reformed Episcopal Church
- George David Cummins, Memoirs
- REC Memoirs
- The Church In The Confederate States: A History Of The Protestant Episcopal Church In The Confederate States, by Joseph Blount Cheshire, D.D., Bishop Of North Carolina