Dear Fathers, Brothers, and Sisters in Christ, We at St. Jude’s are looking forward to welcoming you to Richmond, VA, in October for the annual Synod of the Diocese of the Central States. The dates of the Synod are Thursday, October 24 – Friday, October 25. We have arranged for a block of rooms at the Hyatt Place at Innsbrook in Richmond.
Let me fill you in on the arrangements. We will be convening in the Innsbrook area, which is an office park and business development in Glen Allen, VA. Glen Allen is simply an area in the northwest sector of Richmond, and part of what we call the “West End.” Innsbrook has numerous restaurants within a short walk (literally across the parking lot) of the hotel. We will be meeting in a facility called The Place. The Place provides meeting rooms with its own commercial kitchen and catering facilities integral to the meeting areas. We will have our worship and business sessions there each day, as well as our banquet Thursday evening. The Place is literally about 50 yards from the hotel. Once you arrive at the Hotel and check in, there will be no need for a car unless you want to shop at nearby Short Pump Mall, or head towards downtown Richmond for sightseeing. The hotel is about 30 minutes from the Richmond airport.
Hyatt Place & Reservations:
- The rooms at the Hyatt Place are spacious, and each room has a small refrigerator, microwave, and generous seating area. All of the rooms are the same except for bed configuration (one king or two doubles). There are no suites, but the rooms are all the equivalent of a small suite. The rate for our group is $99.00/night (plus 13% taxes). You can locate the hotel on Google Maps at 4100 Cox Road, Glen Allen, VA 23060. Check out the hotel rooms and lobby at http://www.hyattplacerichmondinnsbrook.com/.
- The block is set aside for Wednesday and Thursday nights. If you wish to stay an extra night after the Synod concludes, please make arrangements individually. The hotel should be able to accommodate you if you book early. Reservations must be made by September 25th. After this date they will release the unsold portion of blocked rooms for general sale. They will continue to accept reservations after the cut-off date, subject to room rate and availability.
- The room rate includes breakfast, which is served as a buffet in the lobby dining area. I am exploring the cost of providing breakfast at the meeting facility because I think it may be easier and better for our group. I will update everyone on this later.
- Reservations must be made individually. All reservations must be guaranteed with a major credit card. Reservations may be made by telephone or online:
- Telephone reservations may be made by calling the hotel directly at 804-747-9644. When the automated menu answers, press 5102 and you will be routed to Natalie Hansen. She knows our group arrangements and can handle your reservations. You may also call the Hyatt reservations center at 1-888-492-8847. This is an automated answer number and you will have to deal with the machine until you get to a human. To receive the special group rate, you must identify your affiliation with the Diocese of the Central States Group by giving them the group code G-DCSS. (continued at top of next column)
(Synod Invitation: Hotel Reservations
Registration for Synod & Banquet:
- Synod Registration is $35/Person. Anyone attending the Synod (meaning those who are badged into the meetings with nametags) must have paid the registration fee. Checks for registration fees must be made payable to Diocese of the Central States and provided at the registration/reception desk at the hotel or conference center.
- Banquet Cost is $40/Person. The banquet will be a buffet with meat and fish selections (menu coming later). There will be a cash bar. Those attending the banquet must provide checks at registration for $40/person attending. Banquet passes will be provided with nametags at registration for those attending. Checks for the banquet must be made payable to St. Jude’s Anglican Church and also provided at the registration/reception desk at the hotel or conference center.
- Web form for registration:
Please use the following web-form to register: REGISTER NOW. Please have all registration information submitted by August 25, 2013. This is necessary to confirm counts for meeting setup, refreshment catering, meal catering, and banquet catering. Using the form helps ensure the transmission of the necessary information and facilitates accurate name/ID tags. You may register up to six different individuals on a single form.
- Again, we look forward to your visit to Richmond. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 703-395-3423.
- Additional Synod program information will be forthcoming from the Diocese.
- Additional information about Richmond and particulars of the events will be forthcoming by email as we get closer. For now, we need the registrations completed as soon as possible.
Rev. W. Scott Thompson
St. Jude’s Anglican Mission (REC)